Point them in the direction of some much better literature than this garbage:
– This is my roommate Mike. I think he writes non-fiction much better than I do and his life, at face value, is much funnier than my own. Those two things make for much better articles than my troubles with a crappy customer at my restaurant. The only problem is, he doesn’t get himself into enough trouble to write with the sort of regularity that I or his adoring fans clamor for. Read this column first and then try out his others. Oh yea…and comment the hell out of them.
– If you ever wondered how Maddox’s vagina would sound if you taught it to read and write, you’ve found your answer right here. This woman (or man…no one knows for sure) writes anonymously and with a lot more frequency than many other internet writers (5-6 articles a week) of her caliber. She’s as smart and quick-witted as any blogger out there and deserves the book deals and critical acclaim that lesser writers (see: Tucker Max) have garnered over the years.
– The only problem I have with this guy is he’s a fake and some (if not all) of his articles about his life are downright lies. On the other hand, he’s funny and I could give two shits if it’s fiction, non-fiction, barnyard pornography…if it’s funny, it’s funny. Check this guy out immediately. He, like Violent Acres, writes with a lot of regularity but will take month-long (or sometimes two-month long) breaks every once in a while. There’s a lot of good material here, though, so you should be entertained enough reading the past articles.
– One of the funniest cartoonists on the web today. It’s surprising the guy is still in college. I only wish he’d make a cartoon more frequently than once every two weeks. There’s years worth of stuff to keep you busy while pretending to do that paper on The Bay of Pigs at the school library.
– It’s the only site on this list to not be focused solely on comedy, but it’s honest. And above all else, I value honesty in a writer’s work because it’s honesty that readers can relate to and take something from more than anything else.
Tell me what you guys think.